What information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Google account to Savvyist, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our website.
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our website. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log Data. When you use Savvyist, our servers automatically record information (“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Savvyist, and cookie data.
- Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Savvyist on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Google Analytics Data. Like millions of other websites, we use Google Analytics on Savvyist to help us figure out things like what website you came from to get here, how long you stay for, what kind of computer you're using, etc. We use this information anonymously (we don't combine it with other information about you), and in aggregate to improve our site. The information allows us to better understand what kind of people come to the website and what features they're using. This allows us to make decisions about what kind of things we should build and better understand who is vising our site. You can opt out of Google Analytics by getting the opt out browser add on. We also use remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick platform integrations, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to help us bring new users to the site and to engage with our users on other sites.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Savvyist and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Showing you products or ads you might be interested in.
- Helping your friends and contacts find you on Savvyist. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Savvyist when they first sign up for Savvyist. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Savvyist using your email address.
- Responding to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Savvyist does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a Savvyist account, many of the choices you have on Savvyist are built directly in to the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your uploads and reviews from Savvyist. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Savvyist. For example, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How do we share the information we collect?
Savvyist is a tool people use to find beauty products they love and share information to help others learn about beauty products. When you upload photos or write reviews, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Google) when you’ve chosen to link to your Savvyist account to those services or publish your activity on Savvyist to them.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Savvyist; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
- We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others.
Our Policy on Children’s Information
Savvyist is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Savvyist after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.